Complex Need Domestic Abuse Worker - The YOU Trust - Dorset
Contract Type: Permanent, 24 hours per week
YOU is a registered charity that has been providing care, support and advice for over 30 years to vulnerable people across Hampshire and Dorset and we have recently launched new domestic abuse and sexual violence services across West Sussex and the Isle of Wight. Our aim is to give the people we work with the tools and resources they need to live independent, secure and valued lives.
You First is the Hidden Violence and Abuse Services covering the Dorset. This innovative and exciting service works with victims of domestic abuse, stalking, sexual crime and children and young people. Our services aim to support the whole family where we are able.
The service offers a variety of support and interventions including outreach, refuge, target hardening, court support, and recovery groups.
- Health & Social Care qualification or equivalent to NVQ level 3 or equivalent work level experience
- Experience supporting women, men and children who have been subject to domestic violence and abuse on 1;1 or group work basis
- Knowledge of Honour Based Violence, Forced Marriage and Female Genital Mutilation
- Experience and knowledge of safeguarding adults and children
- Knowledge of Homelessness legislation and prevention and Housing Law
- Knowledge of diversity and inclusion
- Knowledge of housing and welfare benefits including no recourse to public funds
- Ability to manage own workload and client caseload demonstrating excellent prioritisation and organisational skills
- Ability to maintain safe working practices and understand impact of self on others
- Ability to work client focused flexible hours, including evenings, nights as required and weekends and form part of an on call rota which may require night time call out.
- Car driver with willingness to work across the county and to travel beyond occasionally for meetings and training
And you will:
- Work and support the First Point team to deliver the service in line with the service specification, KPIs and YOU processes, policies and procedures
- Work with individuals, primarily in refuge settings to identify and co-produce meaningful interventions to address identified issues regarding mental health and/or substance misuse
- Work with colleagues across the county to identify to ensure all people have full and equitable access to help and support
- Work with my colleagues to develop relationships with private sector landlords and specialist providers to identify and secure safe accommodation
- Strengthen and develop links and pathways with other services to increase collaborative working
- Work closely with local housing teams to ensure communications are clear and people who I can help are identified at the earliest opportunity
The Complex Need Domestic Abuse Worker is part of a team providing practical and emotional support to those experiencing domestic abuse. The overall purpose of this role is to provide specialist, targeted support to individuals living in supported accommodation with diverse and complex needs. Working with individuals and alongside refuge staff and other external teams you will create holistic support pathway and strengthen support networks for those with diverse and complex needs. You will help people to maintain their independence, health and well-being in refuge, their new home and community through innovative interventions that fully recognise and incorporate each person’s strengths.
- You will be trustworthy in all that you do and act with integrity, treating people with dignity and respect.
- You will have a can-do approach asking how you can achieve things rather than whether we can.
- You will work as part of a team
- You will be warm friendly and approachable to clients and internal and external colleagues.
YOU has a strong value base, striving to be person-centred, innovative, trustworthy, can-do and excellent at all times, so it is important that you are as passionate about these principles as we are.
If you choose to begin a career with our organisation, you are guaranteed:
- Competitive rates of pay and paid travel time, including a higher mileage rate for car sharing.
- Enhanced annual leave entitlements, with the opportunity to buy and sell holiday.
- Matched pension scheme contributions, plus Death in Service Benefit and salary sacrifice options.
- Enhanced sick pay allowances and paid compassionate and emergency dependent leave.
- Excellent and professionally certified training, as well as access to fully-funded apprenticeship programmes.
- Real opportunities to develop in your profession.
- Free health and wellbeing advice via a 24/7, confidential Employee Assistance Programme.
- Everything you need to carry out your role free of charge, which may include a mobile phone, safety equipment and other necessary technology, a uniform where applicable, and of course a nice cup of tea or coffee throughout your day!
- Access to discounts across lots of your favourite stores and online shopping sites, as well as discounted bus travel on the First bus network.
- A company that is committed to its employees, valuing their knowledge, creativity and flexibility.
- The chance to work with amazing people.
If this sounds like your ideal role we’re keen to hear from you as soon as possible, so don’t delay, Apply today! Please send a brief CV in the first instance (email@example.com) so Chloe can assess your suitability for the post and she may then send a couple of additional questions for you to answer. If you are successfully screened you will then be invited for an assessment and interview and will recruit the first most suitable applicant.